Interconnected in Culture for a Stronger Ecosystem
○ Call for applications: March 7, 2022
⋮ Submission deadline: May 11, 2022 (23:59 CET)
● Results announcement: June, 2021
Project period: August 2022- November 2023
What is Thoulathy?
As part of All-Around Culture, Thoulathy initiates and supports collaborations of cultural organisations between the following group of countries which we have divided geographically between South and North.
South Countries: Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Western Sahara, and Libyan and Syrian diaspora in these countries
North Countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and Libyan and Syrian diaspora in these countries.
Who is it for?
We are looking for 20 cultural organisations from the ‘South’ and 10 cultural organisations from the ‘North’ to work together in trios (2 South organisations, 1 North organisation) on a 15-month collaboration project funded up to €40,000. Throughout the project period, selected participants will receive mentoring and peer support, participate in 3 international group meetings and join a growing network.
Thoulathy aims to:
- Hold a space to create partnerships and exchange knowledge
- Support building needed capacities to enable cultural organisations to collaborate regionally/ internationally using mentorship and peer learning
- Increase competences for knowledge transfer and intercultural dialogue among cultural organisations
- Support the mobility of cultural managers and programmers across the Arab region and internationally
- Support regional and international networking of organisations working with youth, remote areas, and communities in underserved areas
- Offer further learning activities in coordination with our Ecosystems Academy.
→ Thoulathy: Cross-Border Collaborations › Application Form
→ Thoulathy: Cross-Border Collaborations › FAQs
Congratulations to the 10 applicants who were selected for the Thoulathy³: Cross border Collaboration Projects
Out of 77 applications, 15 were shortlisted and 10 were chosen by an independent jury. Each application represents a Thoulathy³, a collaboration between two organisations from the South and one organisation from the North. In September 2022, a Kick-Off meeting will be held for the 30 organisations to meet and for each Thoulathy³ to develop their collaborative projects further. Each Thoulathy³ will be granted up-to €40,000 for project implementation.
Fear as an artistic statement- collaborating hub for contemporary dance and performance
More Than Just Circus – Strategic Youth and Social Circus
Transmitting Voices X Moving Stones
The Placeless Academy
MIRRORS | Trans-Mediterranean Archive Dialogue
ConverSons (Let’s talk!)
Arab Science Fiction VR Lab